These spicy wedges are a wonderful alternative to sweet potato, in fact, they taste pretty identical. They are a great way to pack more veggies in your diet as butternut squash (which is technically a fruit since it has seeds!) is packed with dietary fibre, beta-carotene, and can give you half of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C in just a one cup serving. These are super simple so read on or watch the video below to find out how to make them.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Cut your butternut squash around the middle, and depending on the size use half. You will need to scoop out any seeds. My top tip is always keeping wedges of butternut squash in the freezer ready to go when you need them so the slicing process only has to happen once in a while. Keep two or three large squashes cubed or wedged at any one time and you will use them way more!
- Keep halving until you get wedges, and slice off the skin.
- Put your wedges in a bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add salt, pepper, and some spicy seasoning.
- Spread on a baking tray and cook for 20-30 minutes until you are happy with the results!
So easy! I love to serve mine with hot sauce and my one minute garlic dip. Let me know if you try these as a potato alternative!
Let me know if you try this, and please tag me in the photos or show me on facebook!
If you’re taking part in #awesomeaugust leave your posts below and don’t forget to use the hashtag on twitter, instagram and facebook!
For more beauty, fashion, lifestyle & health related ramblings and recipes don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channels. beauty/fashion & lifestyle here, video diaries here, health & recipes here.
If you’d like to see your website here or advertise on the site, click here for more details. Prices start from just £16