My love affair with Birchbox is a well documented one. There is just something about everything they do that is spot on for me. Their branding, product choices, lifestyle extras and focus on beauty not only on the outside but from within really appeals to me, so when I heard about their special edition box in collaboration with Instyle magazine, I knew it would float my boat. What I love about Birchbox is that the boxes are never showy or up and down. Sure, there may be months where you don’t get as many gems as others, but the type of products they offer and the quality of brand is very steady.
This box was the “Summer Nights” edition. Here’s what I thought:
- Bluemandarines SkinLife Energetic Cellular Cream - I have never heard of this brand, which always gets me excited. The prospect of discovering new loves excites me, especially with Birchbox’s track record of hooking me up with brands I fall in love with – I’m looking at you Thebalm and KMS! Promising to brighten, refresh and protect skin, this is crying out to me right now after some stressful times taking their toll on my skin.
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer - I already ADORE this (see my review here) but I’m always happy to see it, especially since I just used up my full size. Always saves my hair!
- Gerda Spillmann Hydro Pearls - I was impressed with the Gerda Spillmann foundation we got a few months ago so I was happy to see this primer and I can’t wait to give it a whirl.
- LAQA & Co Lip Pencil - A mini version of a moisturising lip crayon. This colour is right up my street and we all know how much I love lip crayons…
- Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Body Wash - However useful, I do always groan a little when I get a body wash or lotion. They just don’t really get me going, you know? But if it’s got to be a body wash, at least it’s Molton Brown.
- Inner Me Supplements - This is packed with omega 3, protein and is a beauty boosting supplement. Sign me up!
- Birchbox Gel Mask – Another product to help me through a bit of a stressful patch, this is already chilling in the fridge ready for relaxation times tonight!
Another month another great box. I can take or leave the body wash, but otherwise can’t wait to trial these products and I’d love to see Birchbox team up with more brands or magazines in the future.
For more beauty, fashion, lifestyle & health related ramblings and recipes don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channels. beauty/fashion & lifestyle here, video diaries here, health & recipes here.
If you’d like to see your website here or advertise on the site, click here for more details. Prices start from just £16