It’s not that I have anything against the full english breakfast, but this has to be my very favourite brunch ever. Perfect for lazy weekend mornings, this will set you up for the day and if you’re a veggie lover like me, will be a welcome change from the buttered toast, baked beans and tinned tomatoes. If you’re not veggie feel free to switch the sausages to meat ones, but meat lovers and herbivores alike will enjoy this! The beauty and interest in this comes from the spiced veggies, have fun trying different flavours!
- Take your veggies (I use bell peppers, onions and mushrooms) and either put them in a griddle pan or under the grill with a little olive oil. I like to add salt, black pepper, dried garlic, paprika, cumin and a little smokey hot sauce to give it a mexican sort of taste and a bit of a kick. You can mix and match these seasonings to your taste, and if you’re struggling to think of combos, supermarkets sell lots of pre-mixed options like South-West or Cajun. Leave these under the grill or in your pan until softened and slightly charred. Make sure you turn them frequently.
- Make your guacamole (red onion, lime juice, chilli, avocado salt and pepper) or if you’re short on time use a store bought option (homemade tastes way better though and is far healthier!) I add greek yoghurt to mine for extra protein.
- Once your veggies are softened place them in an oven safe dish and crack an egg on top. I used a free range duck egg from a friend, opt for organic and free range wherever possible. They are not only kinder but taste better.
- Place the dish in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees.
- Whilst your veggies and egg are in the oven, use the same pan you used earlier to grill your sausages. You’ll get all the seasoning we used earlier on the veggies for tasty sausages.
- After five minutes (keep checking depending on how you like your eggs) remove your veggies and egg and serve. I like my egg slightly crispy on top as you can see but you could do a very soft egg too!
This is great to make if you have guests since it’s a fuss free and less stressful way to make a lot of eggs. Simply make more veggies and put them in a bigger dish so you can crack more eggs in there! I love this as an alternative to a standard breakfast, and it keeps me full for ages!
What is your favourite weekend brunch? Let me know if you try this! Check out more recipes here.
This month’s Gold Sponsor is Argania Hair Oil – available at Boots this range is the perfect way to pamper your locks.
For more beauty, fashion, lifestyle & health related ramblings and recipes don’t forget to subscribe to my youtube channels. beauty/fashion & lifestyle here, video diaries here, health & recipes here.
If you’d like to see your website here or advertise on the site, click here for more details. Prices start from just £16